Thursday, August 23, 2007

Mock Draft #1 Complete

The fantasy football draft accounts for 60% of the success/failure you will have during the year. So draft wisely! The other 40% comes from trades, lineup strategy, and just dumb luck... I actually won the Superbowl of one of my leagues last year by a tie break!

To prep for a draft I like to read and partake in mock drafts. Last night was my first and here are the results. I was Team B. Feel free to leave comments. I'll only post the first 10 rounds too. Note the last player drafted!

Round 1

# Team Player
1 A LaDainian Tomlinson
2 B Steven Jackson
3 C Larry Johnson
4 D Frank Gore
5 E Shaun Alexander
6 F Joseph Addai
7 G Brian Westbrook
8 H Rudi Johnson
9 I Reggie Bush
10 J Laurence Maroney
11 K Willis McK
12 L Peyton Manning

Round 2
# Team Player
1 L Willie Parker
2 K Steve Smith
3 J Travis Henry
4 I Tom Brady
5 H Maurice Jones-Drew
6 G Carson Palmer
7 F Edgerrin James
8 E Chad Johnson
9 D Clinton Portis
10 C Cedric Benson
11 B Drew Brees
12 A Larry Fitzgerald

Round 3
# Team Player
1 A Marvin Harrison
2 B Thomas Jones
3 C Torry Holt
4 D Terrell Owens
5 E Anquan Boldin
6 F Roy Williams
7 G Ronnie Brown
8 H Reggie Wayne
9 I Adrian Peterson
10 J Randy Moss
11 K Carnell Williams
12 L Antonio Gates

Round 4
# Team Player
1 L Marques Colston
2 K Andre Johnson
3 J T.J. Houshmandzadeh
4 I CHI Defense
5 H Donovan McNabb
6 G Donald Driver
7 F Jamal Lewis
8 E DeAngelo Williams
9 D Brandon Jacobs
10 C Hines Ward
11 B Marshawn Lynch
12 A Deuce McAllister

Round 5
# Team Player
1 A Calvin Johnson
2 B Lee Evans
3 C Jeremy Shockey
4 D Plaxico Burress
5 E Fred Taylor
6 F Marc Bulger
7 G Javon Walker
8 H Todd Heap
9 I Tony Gonzalez
10 J Deion Branch
11 K Vernon Davis
12 L Jerious Norwood

Round 6
# Team Player
1 L Chester Taylor
2 K Matt Hasselbeck
3 J Tony Romo
4 I Santana Moss
5 H Marion Barber
6 G BAL Defense
7 F Reggie Brown
8 E Matt Leinart
9 D Chris Cooley
10 C Jon Kitna
11 B Alge Crumpler
12 A Vince Young

Round 7
# Team Player
1 A Kellen Winslow
2 B Darrell Jackson
3 C Nate Kaeding
4 D Philip Rivers
5 E Bernard Berrian
6 F Laveranues Coles
7 G Braylon Edwards
8 H Joey Galloway
9 I Donte Stallworth
10 J Brandon Jackson
11 K Adam Vinatieri
12 L LaMont Jordan

Round 8
# Team Player
1 L Chris Chambers
2 K SD Defense
3 J Jason Witten
4 I L.J. Smith
5 H Ahman Green
6 G Benjamin Watson
7 F Eli Manning
8 E Ladell Betts
9 D Kevin Curtis
10 C NE Defense
11 B CAR Defense
12 A Jeff Wilkins

Round 9
# Team Player
1 A JAC Defense
2 B Jay Cutler
3 C Julius Jones
4 D Warrick Dunn
5 E Matt Schaub
6 F Randy McMichael
7 G Tatum Bell
8 H Derrick Mason
9 I Ben Roethlisberger
10 J IND Defense
11 K Kevin Jones
12 L Devery Henderson

Round 10
# Team Player
1 L Jerricho Cotchery
2 K D.J. Hackett
3 J David Akers
4 I Jason Elam
5 H Vincent Jackson
6 G LenDale White
7 F Matt Jones
8 E Terry Glenn
9 D DAL Defense
10 C Chris Henry
11 B Michael Turner
12 A Michael Vick

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With the trades and acquisitions made going into the draft, plus the bulk of the team that is carried over from last season, and the trades and draft picks made during the draft, it sure seems like the Pats are going to be the team to beat in the AFC this season, and perhaps in all of the NFL.

Considering the Pats were almost in the Superbowl last season with a pathetic receiving corps and that they've added very talented players into said receiving corps this season, barring some nasty injury(ies), they look to be the team to take it all.I say injury(ies) because I think they could survive an injury or two to some positions, but if they lost Brady they'd probably have a hard time recovering.

I wish I could say that the Redskins did well in the draft and/or in free agency but so many holes still exist that I'm not sure they'll be significantly better than last season. I suppose on face they should be if they can keep their corners healthy. With Landry (argh, hard to type that name as a Redskin!!) back there with a healthy secondary they might be able to cheat up more and put more pressure on opposing QBs. Might.

They still have what should be a lot of talent in the receiving positions, and Campbell should be better, but they don't have the quality on either line (offense or defense) that I wish they'd have, so it could be yet another year of .500 at best, or worse.

Still, the NFC East looks to be the NFC Least again this season. None of the teams there look like they'll be that good, and none really look ready to step up and take the division.

The best place for baseball sports, 2007 draft mlb mock, 07 mlb ps3 show. For more information visit: