Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Don Cherry Comes to NBC for the Playoffs

Yuppies beware. Turn off the t.v. Cover your children’s ears. And if you are offended by colorful (what some would call distasteful) clothing, well then, shut your eyes too.

Don Cherry is coming to NBC for the 2006-2007 playoffs. And don’t think for a second that he is changing his tune.
"A lot of people have written that what I say up here I would never get away with it down in the States," said Cherry, the Bruins' coach from the 1974-75 season until the 1978-79 campaign. "I'll just go on and do what I have to do."
Cherry will team with Brett Hull, whom many have compared to Cherry for his outspoken comments about the state of hockey.

Adding Cherry is a great addition for NBC. As Hull stated, one thing that is missing from commentators is personality. Cherry will add that simply by showing up in his plaid outfits. And you’ll just have to tune in to see what he has to say. One thing I know for sure, there will be a few out there that won’t like the way he says it. My advice to those folks, turn off the t.v. You won’t be missed.

No comments: